In the second episode of our ‘Redundancies in focus’ podcast series, Lizzie Twigger, Katherine Flower and Clare Fletcher discuss the ‘people’ angle, and consider how traditional labels, terminology and mindset on redundancies need to adapt in the current climate.
Our five key points:
- Does the worker’s contractual label matter when it comes to redundancies? (1:00)
- How some of the traditional terminology on redundancy doesn’t fit with the current climate (04:19)
- How different the outlook is now from the last financial crisis in 2008 (07:50)
- How mindset is key for the next generation of redundancies (09:06)
- The importance of getting the business case right at the outset (11:39)
Redundancy in focus: "People not employees"