Welcome to the Winter 2022 edition of our Asset Management - Hot Topics series. The asset management industry has had to navigate a much changed investment landscape in a year dominated by an energy crisis, a rising inflationary environment and geopolitical upheaval following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Against this backdrop, the risk of consumer harm has been the subject of heightened regulatory scrutiny. It should therefore be no surprise that consumer protection is a common theme that cuts across various topics.
In this edition we consider, among other things:
- the FCA’s new Consumer Duty
- the challenge of the Ukraine crisis for asset managers
- ongoing regulatory developments relating to ESG investing
- the rise of digital assets
- the retailisation of private capital.
Please do contact us if you would like to discuss any of the areas covered in this edition, or any other legal or regulatory development affecting your business.